Data science is the skill of analysing and deriving value from data, and the ability to visualise and communicate key insights.
Turning this information into knowledge, and innovative products is the key to helping business people make informed, fact-based decisions.
Data science requires a versatile and advanced analytical skill-set. Our team includes:
- Listeners and Problem solvers
- Statisticians and Operations Researchers
- Computer Scientists
Data scientists investigate complex problems through expertise in disciplines within the fields of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. These areas represent great breadth and diversity of knowledge. (source Wikipedia).
Data Quality Measurement and Improvement
We can help you to measure your data quality and identify where anomalies exist, to help determine the usefulness of your data and how to improve it. As your data quality improves there is increased potential for advanced analytics. Key areas for data quality measurement include: data completeness, data consistency and data accuracy.
Data Analytics Techniques
- Statistical analysis
- R open source statistical software
- Statistical data modelling
- Data Mining and Machine Learning. See how we've used Machine Learning in the energy sector.
- Dynamic visualisation
- Operations Research Techniques
- Optimisation, queuing analysis and simulation
- Predictive Analytics
- Forecasting and Time Series Analysis techniques
- Social Network Analysis (SNA) e.g. for customer insights