We are looking for data scientists to join our team in Wellington and Auckland.
Applications for this role close Fri 2 September 2016
Harmonic Analytics is considered a pioneering provider of data science services and solutions across New Zealand. We pride ourselves on demonstrating the potential of advanced analytics to solve complex problems.
Do you have an aptitude for statistics, operations research (OR) and programming? Would you like to work on important client projects across a diverse range of industry sectors? Are you a natural communicator with ambition for personal and professional development?
Harmonic is entering a period of business growth, both in NZ and offshore. We seek qualified candidates with strong analytical backgrounds and R programming skills to join our Auckland and Wellington offices.
About the Role
The Data Scientist role is a high energy and high commitment position. Key duties include requirements definition, data quality assessment, exploratory data analysis, statistical modelling design and the development, implementation and ongoing support of data-driven solutions.
This role requires a wide range of customer-facing, analytical, writing, team-working and service delivery skills. Domestic and / or international travel may be a requirement.
Desired Skills and Experience
Successful candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Preferably at postgraduate level, tertiary qualification in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or Engineering Science.
- Proficient at ETL, data quality assessment, quantitative modeling, time series analyses, OR methods, data mining or experimental design. Other specialisations will also be considered.
- Ability to solve problems in an unfamiliar environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly listening and confirming statements and assumptions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent project discipline, particularly clarifying objectives, achieving milestones, problem identification, solution development and quality assessment.
- Relevant work experience will be well regarded.
What We Offer
We provide a supportive, fun and flexible team working environment.
We offer the experience to work closely with clients including executives and subject matter experts. This ensures we can really understand a clients’ business and design tailor-made solutions.
You could work with talented peers on a diverse range of client projects, expanding your knowledge and professional development.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an exciting challenge we would like to talk to you. Please send a covering email or letter, plus your Curriculum Vitae to Phil Shepherd (by 2 September) Phil@harmonic.co.nz. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Or apply via post to:
Chief Executive Officer, Harmonic Analytics
PO Box 5033, Wellington 6145